Sunday, February 21, 2010

Valentine's Day

Because Valentine's Day was on Sunday we had planned to celebrate on Saturday, but when we realized that would be impossible because we were celebrating Abby's Birthday on Saturday. We decided to celebrate the day after on Monday. This worked out great for two reasons. First Isaac had the day off for Presidents day and second the day after everything was half price! And personally, when flowers are half price I think they smell MUCH sweeter. ;) So Monday morning Isaac got up early and was home before I even woke up. He had Benjamin bring me a rose and say "Happy Valentine's Day Mama!" to my bedside to wake me up. The rest were downstairs with a small box of chocolates (perfect since I didn't want a big one because I'm trying to get in shape) and a beautiful card.

Later we dropped the kids off at my mother-in-law's and went out to lunch at Red Lobster (one of my favorites) and then to see the movie Avatar. So maybe dinner and a movie doesn't sound to romantic, but when you only go to the movies twice a year. Trust me, it was heavenly. And Avatar was such an amazing movie! Totally exceeded all my expectations. Then it was topped off with a little bit of shopping, which was fun because Isaac actually enjoyed it (or at least he pretended to), so that made it all the more fun for me! It was a great day. Mainly because it was just the two of us for most of the day. Thank you Isaac you are the most wonderful man in the world! And thank you Nena & Rosi for taking the kids! We couldn't have done it with out you!

4 comments:

Marie said...

CUTE!!! I'm so happy that you married such a good guy! The kind I always hoped you would find. I always say that, I know! I just don't think I'll ever get over it! :)
PS: You are looking HOT! Whatever you have been doing, it's working! Go girl!

Yadira said...

Que romanticos!! que bueno que la pasaron bien. You guys make a cute couple!!!

Cylee Pressley said...

You look so good in those pictures! And how sweet of Isaac to do that. I think that sounds like a really romantic date!

I LOVE Avatar too! Did you see it in 3D?

Jenn said...

How sweet! I'm glad you guys got to go out - we're like you. We only get dinner and a movie a few times a year, so it's great!
Also, I cannot believe your baby is 1! She's adorable! Love all the pictures! You look great, too - I can't wait to start working out again!