Saturday, June 2, 2012

My little Super Hero is 5!!

 So all year I had been planning on doing a Disney Cars party and 2 weeks before Benji turned 5 he decided to change his mind.  So we had a Super Hero/Avengers party.  This ended up being so much fun!  I found this great idea on line to have the kids go through a Super Hero training course, and allthough it was going to be a little work, I just had to do it!

So first, once all the kids where there, I had my husband Isaac dress up as the Super Villan.  I first gathered all the kids and told them that they were going to train to become Super Hero's.  Then I said that there was a Super Villan on the loose and that he wanted to destroy the Birthday Party fun and it was up to them to stop him!  Just then our Super Villan came out and dumped "Bombs" all over the room (Black balloons) that they had to diffuse (pop) them.

Then we had a little "ceremony," I had them all line up to receive their "Power" wrist bands as a token of them advancing.


Then I had them all go out to Park where I had a Super Hero training obstacle course set up for them.  Our Villan was tied up for part of it.  BTW:  Isaac did so awesome!  He totally got into it!  The kids thought he was so great!  A few of the girls thought he was real and were scared, and Benjamin thought he was the greatest Dad in the world!  I think so too!


Because I was not taking pictures I don't have pictures of every aspect of the obstacle course.  But this is how it went...  First they had to Climb a Building like Spiderman (up the ladder or rock wall).  Second they had to Fly (down the slide) like Super Man.  Third they had to crawl through a tunnel like Night Crawler (it's a stretch). 
Fourth they had to Run like the Flash


Fifth they had to leap over a Building in one leap! (Like Superman) (Lego Building)

Six, they had to "Throw a Sheild" like Captain America.  (I got a white frisbee and painted it to look like Captain America's sheild)

Seven, they had to Launch a Grenade like Captain America (water balloon launcher)

Thanks Margaret for bringing your water balloon launcher!

 And last they had to "Web Sling" a villan like Spiderman.  I had a couple of cans of silly string that they used to web sling our tied up Villan!

This was their favorite part!
Isaac even taunted them while they did it

After they each took a few turns going through the obstacle course, we had another "ceremony," where I handed out their capes.  (Yes, I made 17 capes!)  Then we headed back to the club house for the party when....

Our Villan had blocked the entrance with Kryptonite!  Luckily I brought a Hazardous Waste cooler with me!
Each Super Hero had to take a turn with my kitchen tongs to pick up a piece of Kryptonite and place it in the box.



Once we had disposed of the Kryptonite, we had another "ceremony," where I told them to remember that their secret identity was their best protection, and then I handed out their masks.  After which we took a group shot of everyone in their Super Hero attire!  It was great!
even Isabel enjoyed herself!

Then we went back into the club house where I handed out their final Super Hero weapon!  Power Balls!  (water balloons).  Just then our Villan came running out of the other room and outside.  The kids immediately ran after him and started to take him out with their "Power Balls!"  And when he "fell to the ground" that's when he really got it!



Once our Villan had been defeated we were able to continue on with our Birthday Party Fun!  We then had a Pizza Party dinner.  Benjamin won this from his UPSTART program!  Perfect for his party.  After the kids ate we went outside to break the Pinata.  I bought a Captain America Pinata from a Mexican store.  Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of it before they busted it up!  Oh well.


Finally, we ended by going back to the club house for cake and ice cream.  And you will not believe this, but I forgot to take a picture of the cake!!!  It was great!  I made a round cake and decorated it to look like Captain America's sheild.  I also made cupcakes that looked like Capt. Amer. little shields!  And I used white marshmallow stars for the star in the middle!  (for the cupcakes)  I was so pleased with my efforts, which is why I can't believe I forgot to take a picture!  I was just to busy at this party.  Oh well,  It was "Super" fun!

1 comment:

Cylee Pressley said...

You get mom of the year for that one!! That sounded so fun!