Monday, May 24, 2010

All Aboard!

The Piñata

The Cake

The Engine
I used a big diaper box from Costco. The face is the top of an oatmeal can, and then I used elastic for the staps, attached with big brads (find at any craft store).

The Train

The Decor

Last Saturday we celebrated Benjamin's 3rd Birthday with a Train themed Party! His Birthday is not actually until the 30th but we celebrated early for two reasons, 1. Memorial Day weekend is not a great weekend for a B-day party and 2. that weekend we are taking him to Day out with Thomas. Anyway, once again, yes I made everything myself! Crazy, I know. But he loved it! So I guess it was worth it! This little boy has been literally counting the days to his Birthday since Jan. So he was in heaven! It was a very fun party, and although you may think I went overboard, believe me I know people who are way worse than me, so I didn't think it was way overboard, but oh well, we had sooo much fun! Thank you to everyone who came and for all the great gifts! He really loved his Birthday party! Turning three is such a fun thing! Anyway, my friend Yadira took pictures for me (since I was way to busy) so there are a ton! Thank you Yadira for your help!
We started the party giving everyone their hats and whistles and then we had Story time "The Little Engine that Could."

Then they played Pin the Caboose on the Train

Then the kids painted Egg Carton Trains!

They turned out great!

And then, it was All Aboard! to the Park!


At the Park we had Lunch!

Some family

The kids had fun at the Park

Abby also had a blast!

Then it was time for the Piñata!



Benjamin's older cousins finally bust it open!

Best buddies! "Look at our Candy!"

Time for Cake!

Yummy!

Benjamin also got lots of great gifts! His favorite movie "The Princess and the Frog," additional track for his train set, Train puzzles, clothes, a remote control car, and lots more (maybe too much more)

He even got a Thomas the Tank Engine toy!

That's one happy Boy!

And one Happy Family!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the way you made everything.
I am having my son party next month , and he is turning 2 years and he is so engage with Thomas and trains. So definitely I am going to take some ideas for my Son's party.
Thanks you for share those special moments!