Monday, November 30, 2009

Grateful

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We had a great Thanksgiving weekend. However because I cooked so much and was so busy, I forgot to take pictures. Oh well. We had Thanksgiving at my house and we shared it with my wonderful In-laws. Then on Saturday we went to Logan to spend Sat & Sun with my family. It's so fun now that my brother's are all married or engaged, there's so many of us around the kitchen table now. My mom prepared a great Sunday (Thanksgiving) meal. So to celebrate Thanksgiving I wanted to list a few things I am grateful for.

I am grateful for....

Family. My beautiful children, my wonderful husband, my sweat Mother (who always seems to know when I need her help), & my darling in-laws, who have always showed so much love towards me.

My Savior Jesus Christ and his restored church on the earth today. There is so much peace and hope that comes with knowing about the plan of salvation and my role in that plan.

Health. I have healthy children, I'm healthy enough to raise them, and Isaac is healthy enough to go out and provide for us.

Isaac's job. So many people are continuing to get layed off in these hard economic times and Isaac still has his job and it pays the bills an enables me to be home with my kids.

Motherhood. I know I all ready said I was grateful for my children. But how grateful I am that I can have children and have chosen to have children. You may know what life is all about, but you don't really GET IT, until you have children. What a wonderful experience motherhood is.

Food. There are a lot of people out there who don't have it, and I do.

American citizenship and all the freedoms this wonderful country has to offer.

Music and all the talented people who create it.

Friends, new and old. What a blessing good friends and friendships are.

You! yes you, I am grateful that you care enough about me to read my blog. Thanks!

My Heavenly Father who gives me all these reasons and things to be grateful for. He is the source of all the good in my life.

Well, there is so much more to be grateful for but I don't want my posts to be tooo long. ;) I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and remember that gratitude is a key component to happiness.

3 comments:

Cylee Pressley said...

That was so good to read. Just reading about what you are grateful for makes me go through all I have to be grateful for too. So thank you for that wonderful post.

Erica said...

I agree with Cy..makes you really think..I have been Bah Humbug all week, but you know that helped my perspective a bit..thx doll..

Jenn said...

What a great post! Thanks for sharing!

Your kids are adorable! I love seeing their pictures!