Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Temple Open House

This day we had the oportunity to attend the Open House for the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. We took Arlen with us, so we decided to make a day of it and went to Temple Square first. We saw the Joseph Smith movie and I bawled like a baby. I felt the Spirit so strong. Then we saw the Statue of Christ and then we went out to West Jordan to see the Temple. It was absoultly beautiful! A Sister Missionary came with us to explain everything to Arlen. She loved it, and we were so glad that she had the opportunity to see the inside of a Temple and understand a little more why Temples are so important to us. We also were able to meet up with Isaac's family at the Open House, here are some pictures.

Fred and Arlen (Maybe this is fortelling something???)

Fred and Arlen

Fred and Arlen in front of the Oquirrh Mtn. Temple

Nena, Tito, Pati, Nidia, and Kids
Arlen and Me at the Temple
(The Temple has a beautiful view of the valley)
Pati with Abby

Benjamin, Jacob, & Angelita

Angelita, Emma, Abby, with Aunt Nidia

Nidia and daughters Naomi & Jasmine

Isaac with nephews Josh and Dan


I love this picture

3 comments:

Alexis said...

I'm so jealous! We're going to miss the open house. I can't believe how big Abby is getting! I can't wait to come home & see her & meet Arlen. Miss you guys!

Cylee Pressley said...

These pictures are awesome. The kids are so cute. I too bawled my eyes out with the Joseph Smith movie.

I need to call and catch up with you! A lot is going on here.

Love ya,

Marie said...

Love Abby's ducky hair and furrowed brow! What a doll she is! Call my home phone, will you? I miss you!