Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter


Easter weekend was very eventful. Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday morning, Mom's Birthday party on Saturday evening, and Baby Blessing on Sunday. First we practiced all week for the big Saturday City Easter egg hunt! I bought some chocolates and plastic eggs and about every other day hid a few around the house and told Benjamin to go look for them. He loved the game. Then on Saturday we went to the Easter egg Hunt. He was in the 3 and under group, we were so excited! The horn blew and all the parents jumped in to "help" their toddlers. So of course Isaac jumped in too (had to make sure Benjamin got something). So the whole thing lasted about 30 seconds.... oh well. Benjamin was pretty exctited about what was in his basket. He loves chocolate. So we put the bunny ears on him and got some cute pictures!

Also on Saturday was my Mom's Birthday! All her children were there too! Me and Isaac, Allan and his wife Lexi, Peter and his fiancee (yes, he is engaged!) and Fred! Except his fiancee is still in Nicaragua. But things are moving along quickly and she should be here by the end of May! We are really excited!
Well, as much as we love Bunny ears and Egg Hunts... what Easter is really about is the Savior. He suffered and died so that we could return to live with him and our Heavenly Father if we keep his commandments. I love this clip of Jeffery R. Holland as he explains what it might have been like and what the Savior did for us.
Happy Easter!


1 comment:

Marie said...

I LOOOOOOVE THIS! I tried to put it up on my blog, but I'm too stupid, and can't figure it out. I'll have to call you for some step by step instructions!
Thanks for this, though, and your testimony. I love you!