Tuesday, January 20, 2009

3 Weeks To Go!

Well, a little about the Pregnancy... For those of you who don't know, I am having a little girl! Yea! Isaac and I are soooo excited. My official Calendar due date is February 9th, however both my ultrasounds said my due date was Feb. 16. And that sounds more accurate to me because I know when I ovulated. Anyway, I am officially 37 weeks. And it is getting harder and harder to do anything! Especially get comfortable enough to sleep at night. If it were not for my awesome Maternity pillow, I would probably get no sleep at all. (Thanks Becky, I love you!)

Well, the above book I recently finished reading. It was awesome! My mom gave it to me after I told her I was thinking about going Natural this time. My mother gave birth Naturally with all 4 of her children and the 2 out of 4 times that she felt Confidence she had wonderful experiences. And my best friend recently, and confidently, gave birth natuarlly, and also had a wonderful experience. I truley believe that if we are confident in ourselves and our bodies and learn as much as we can about coping techniques, we can have wonderful experiences with Natural child birth. I deffinately recomend this book to anyone.

And for those of you who are wondering why I would go natural? In a nutshell, when I gave birth to Benjamin it was a horrible experience mainly due to how long the Labor was (32 hours from when I arrived at the hospital to when I had Benjamin), and that was due to all the medical intervention I recieved. (i.e. getting an epidural and my water broke way to early) So this time I want to do something different. I am not saying that I will for sure not get an epidural, but I know for a fact that I am going to try my darndest and I will for sure hold out until I am at least to a 5. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Sarah Ragatz said...

Good luck! I really hope everything goes smoothly, no matter if you end up going completely natural or just going natural as long as you can. For some odd reason I have more confidence in you than I do in myself. You can do it!

Elizabeth Sanchez said...

Yes you can!! It's going to be wonderful no worries!! and if you do it Ruth will do it too!!! hahaha just kidding Ruth!!

Marie said...

Lizard! God made your body with the ability to do this! That's what is so cool about it! I think it's going to be great! And like you said, it's OK if you decide you want drugs later. Just do the best you can. The important part is to have a positive experience. I'm so excited for you!!!

Kate said...

I very much look up to you for having the confidence and courage to go "all natural"!! I wish you much luck in doing so, though you probably won't need it because you are so awesome like that!! :)

You can do anything that you put your heart and mind to girl!! :)