Friday, August 19, 2011

The Zoo!

Yes, again! What can I say, we love the Zoo and it was free! My Step-mom's work party this year was at the Zoo. And although we were able to go in early, the Zoo actually stayed open way late just for this occasion! And can I just say, wow, several of the animals really come alive after hours! It was a ton of fun. My step-mom even let me invite my mom! That was super nice of her. These past few years, my parents have been really civil with each other. It's been nice. And I really owe it to my step-mom. She's great.

Anyway, I was really glad my Mom was able to go, because she has never been to the Hoogle Zoo before. This was her first time. Another fun thing was that the Zoo is doing something this year call Zoorasic Park. They have a bunch of almost life size, moving, and sound making Dinosaurs! They have them placed throughout the Zoo. My kids thought they were real and didn't know what to think. And the best part was, that after 4 pm (when the park closed to the public). We got to ride the Zoo train and Carousel as many times as we wanted and they had face painting and free Dinner! It was a super fun day! They kids had been looking forward to it all summer.

Our first Dinosaur sighting. My kids are not smiling because they did not want to get this close in order to take the picture.

This Dinosaur not only roared and moved, but it sprayed water as well! Benjamin was terrified!

We rode the train about 4 times!

Playing at the Zoo Park

While we were waiting in line for face painting, the elephants were really close!


Getting their faces painted

The end product!

Riding the carousel

Daddy almost got eaten by the T-Rex!

The Tigers gave us quite a show! They were play fighting and wrestling and even in the water!

Abby insisted on taking this picture

My mom with the Giraffe's

Riding the Dinosaur!

No comments: