Tuesday, June 29, 2010

So many Deals... so little time!

I started couponing!! Because of my friend Cylee, and my sister-in-law Patty, I have been wanting to do it for about a year now, but just could never bring myself to get started. But then my sister-in-law Lexi went to a class and told me all about it and that she had started... That and the fact that I was over budget on groceries every week was just what I needed to finally do it! And I started on the best week possible! Smiths was having a promotion where they made all coupons under a dollar worth a dollar! So even a coupon worth 20 cents was worth a dollar for that week! What a jackpot! The two pictures below is stuff I got for free that week! Completely free!
Also, I scored some crest 3D whitestripes normally $28 for $1.99!!!

Then because I never got the ketchup I was after (they were always sold out) I decided to go to Wal-mart to see if they would "price match" They did! I got even more cheep stuff as well as my ketchup for free!!! And I got 5 12-packs of shick razors for free!
Are you impressed? I sure am! So the concept is this, every product goes on sale every 3 months (give or take), when it goes on sale you take your coupons and buy at a rock bottom price! I stock up (because I have 5 sets of coupons) and then you don't buy it again until it goes on sale. If you always buy things at rock bottom prices you save, save, save! This week I spent $107.08 . I saved..... $179.73!!! That's almost $300 worth of groceries for a little over 100 bucks! Normally you don't spend this much in one week (this was a stock up kind of sale), but the percentage of savings is about the same every week!
For my friends out of state.... you should be doing this!! I would love to coupon out of state! Most other states have stores that let you do double and triple coupons! My sister-in-law in Missouri filled her basement with food storage and most of it was free! Even her coupons were free, she would dumpster dive for them (my respects to her for that). Unfortunately we cannot do that here in Utah, there are way to many people here who coupon so stores will not double coupons (except on rare occasions), and we cannot dumpster dive for them either, people here don't throw away their coupons. But still, I am saving sooo much money doing this! And I am having a blast doing it!

2 comments:

Cylee Pressley said...

That is so awesome Liz! It is addicting...be careful. Hope you have fun on your adventure today.

Anonymous said...

lizzy..... hay girlie!!! I'm "WAY" into blogging too... send me your email and I'll send you an invite..
astarlitnight07@gmail
Love it... your kids are so cute, and you look great.. It's cool to see what you've been up too.
tara (blauer) callaway