Wednesday, April 7, 2010

He Did It!!

Benjamin is Potty Trained!!! Wahoo!!! (I've only been changing two sets of diapers for over a year now) So, after a failed attempt last January, I was planning on training him again in late April. But in late March he decided (on his own) that he wanted to Potty train. So we went for it! He mastered going Pee Pee in a couple of days (with only 1 or 2 accidents a day), and he stayed dry all night! I thought, this is great! But..... he refused to Poo in his Potty (don't even mention trying on the toilet). He would go and hide and do it in his undies! Yuck! I was devastated and ready to try ANYTHING. And I tried EVERYTHING you can think of! But finally it was my Mother's advice that did the trick. Thank heaven for Grandma's! I kept him buck naked all day! And when he couldn't hold it anymore, he desperately panicked and begged me for diapers, underwear, anything! But there was no other place to do it... he had to go on the Potty! He cried the whole time, but he did it! And after he did he was so shocked and couldn't believe that he had done it! He was so happy and I almost cried tears of joy!!!! It's not that he didn't want to, for some reason, he was terrified to try. But after that first time.... he has done it every time in the toilet! The next time he had to go, we were at my In-laws house on Easter and he had to go, but the only place there was, was the big toilet. He was scared but willing to try. And he did it! After that we got rid of the little Potty and he has done it ever since on the big toilet! Hallelujah! Since then.... not one accident! He is totally trained! And I am sooo Proud! Way to Go Benjamin! You did it! So he might hate me some day for these pictures but here he is (in all his glory)...


Abby was excited too!

And here he is sporting his favorite undies, Thomas the tank engine undies!

2 comments:

Cylee Pressley said...

Congrats! What a wonderful feeling to have one potty trained...really I am super happy for you. What a cutie!

Jenn said...

YEA!! I'm so jealous...would you work on Kaylie? ;) What adorable kids you have!