Sunday, May 31, 2009

Benjamin's Birthday!

The Piñata

The Cake (cupcakes)

Elmo Theme


Hooray!! Benjamin is now 2 years old! And Terrible 2's here we come! Well yesterday Benjamin turned 2. And in case you couldn't tell... the party was an Elmo theme. He loved it! First of all, I just have to tell everyone that I made the cake and the Piñata! Can you believe it?! I can hardly believe it myself. But yes I did. I am very proud of myself. However, I think the mouth needed to be a little taller. Oh well, next time. So why did I do it myself (besides to save money)? Well, when I was a little girl, my mom always made us a cool cake and a Piñata. And I remember thinking I had the coolest mom in the whole world. So I want to carry on this tradition. Also, I love it! Throwing Birthday parties, and making a fun cake makes me feel like a mom. Last year I made Benjamin a Basketball Cake, I had so much fun doing it.
Anyway, so Benjamin had been looking forward to his "Happy Day" (he can't say happy Birthday yet, it comes out Happy Day) for weeks now. He loves watching the home videos we have saved on our computer and there are a couple where we are singing "Happy Birthday." He plays those over and over and could sing the entire song by the time his Birthday came around. He was so ready. Well, we decided to have it at one of his favorite places the park right by our house. He had a ball! Family came as well as a few friends from church and the neighborhood. We rolled our grill over to the Park and had a yummy picnic followed by the Piñata, cake and Ice-cream and then he opened presents. He got a lot of great gifts. Thank you everyone who came. Oh and did I mention... he loved the Elmo theme so much that he wore his Elmo birthday hat the ENTIRE time. It was so cute. There is a video at the end. Enjoy!
Camila, Aroncito, Benjamin, & cousin Shannon

Grandma and Abby (Thanks Grandma for all your help today!)


Some of our friends who came with their kids

Aunt Missy gave him an Elmo that Blows bubbles! His new favorite toy. This is great because now Mommy doesn't have to blow bubbles all day like he would have me do if he could.

He is also wearing the cool Apron Kate made him. He loves it!
The day after, enjoying one of the leftover cupcakes


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz, thanks for inviting us we had so much fun! Great job on the elmo cake and on the piñata!

Marie said...

Wow! Awesome cake and pinata! He's such a cutie! I'm totally impressed by his conducting skills! Where did he learn that?

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday Benjamin! I can't believe he is two already!

Kate said...

Oh man... it really looks like he had fun!! I love that he kept his party hat on the whole time!!

Happy to see that he liked his apron! We really missed being there!!

Happy Birthday Ben!!

Elizabeth & Roberto said...

That was fun! Thanks for inviting us you did do a great job on everything he had a blast! ..great job mom!

Jenn said...

Cute cake(s)! You did great! What a fun day! Happy birthday, kiddo!