Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Fire House Field Trip

This month at Escuelita the kids learned all about Community Workers so we thought a fun way to end the year would be to go to the Fire Station and learn about Fire Fighters and Fire Safety.  The kids really enjoyed it.
They watched a fun movie with Pumba and Timon (from Lion King) about Fire Safety
Then after checking out the Fire House, we got to go out and see the Trucks!  Benjamin really liked this part!
Cheking out the gear
I asked the Fire Fighter to put on the mask to show the kids what it looks like and tell them that if they ever see this to not be scared because it is a Fire Fighter trying to help them.  He backed up what I said and also talked to the kids about the mask.  I'm glad because I think for a kid, afraid, and in a fire, this would look like a big scary robot or something.  I hope they all understood.
Group Shot

No comments: