Sunday, February 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Abby!

Can you believe it?! Abby is 2 years old! We had a "small" party. We only invited a few friends but our family is so big that it is never a small party. But it was a lot of fun. Abby loves Nemo and the Little Mermaid, so we decided to have an "Under the Sea" Theme. She loved it!
I made her a Mermaid cake. I wrapped the Ariel doll in fruit roll ups and made star fish out of gum drops, I also stuck gummie sharks and Swedish fish on. I think it looks great!

My mom made her this awesome Nemo Piñata! She is the best Grandma ever!

And of course the house had to be decorated like we were under the sea!

Complete with a fish net "catching" my light fixture. :)

And I was especially impressed with the octopus balloons that I made! They are amazing (if I do say so myself)!

Some of the guests were Mom, Allan, Lexi and cousin Lindy

Grandma Rosa & Lindy

Abby just loves her cousin Lindy (aren't they so cute together)

friend Sabrina and her older sisters

Aunt Lily, Aunt Rosi, Nena "grandma" and cousin Ruben

Of course Big brother Benji was there.

And we had one very special guest, Great Aunt Beth. She was here from California helping my dad and just happened to be in town to join us! It was so fun, we don't usually get her for things like Birthdays! She loves seeing her great nieces and nephews since she is practically a 3rd Grandma!

For Lunch the adults had Taco Soup and the kids had hot dogs shaped like Octopuses

Piñata Time!

Yea! We got candy!

Then it was time for Cake!

She did so good blowing out her candles!

and loved eating her cup cakes!

She is such a special little princess! We just love her! A few things I love about Abby is...
She is so independent
She is so Smart (her vocabulary is off the charts)
She is athletic (as much as you can be for a 2 year old)
She is sweet with her brother (but can drive him nuts too)
And she is such a Mama's girl!

We love you Abby! Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

Cylee Pressley said...

Holy Party! I bet she loved that! Super cute pictures of her.

Sarah Ragatz said...

You really know how to throw a party! Very cute decorations and cake. I am seriously impressed. My kids would love it if I were as cool as you!

Yadira said...

It was a fun party!! Great job Liz!!!

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea for the cake! Looks like a blast! I can't believe how fast time it flying - I remember your pictures when she was just a baby!